Have any questions? Feel free to contact us:
1300 422 524
0477 964 234
Alliance Education Services > Services > Migrating to Australia

Migrating to Australia

You start the journey with Alliance Education Services (AES).


Migrating to Australia

Start your journey with Alliance Education Services (AES).

AES has special arrangements with Alliance Legal & Immigration Services (ALIS). ALIS provides immigration services to individuals to assist them with all their immigration needs.

Australia remains one of the world’s strongest economies and there are many options to migrate to Australia for its diversity, amazing landscapes, strong economy and overall quality of life.

The Australian migration program does not discriminate and is open to anyone from any country regardless of their ethnic origin, gender, colour, religion, provided they meet the criteria set out in law.

If you are a non-resident and would like an opportunity to live, study and work in Australia, there are many visa options available to you, namely the study visa, skilled, sponsored work visa and business visa. Find the Australian visa most likely to meet your specific circumstances https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

AIS will assist you in finding the right visa category. If you are unsure, speak to the friendly staff at AIS to get a clearer picture of what needs to be done. Once you identify the ideal visa category and confirm your eligibility for an Australia PR visa, compile all the essential documents to submit when you’re invited to apply for the visa.

Some visa applications require you to show you have Capable English. You can do so if you either: achieve the required score in IELTS or other approved English language test. You must have undertaken the test, no more than 24 months before you are invited to apply for the visa or if you are from an English-speaking country.

Depending on your chosen stream, you may be required to submit an expression of interest and wait for an invitation before you can proceed with your application. Go to the Department of Home Affairs website to find out more details about your application process.

An Australian permanent resident (permanent resident) is the name given to a non-citizen who is the holder of a permanent visa. A permanent resident can live, work and study without restriction in Australia.

A permanent resident has most of the rights and entitlements of a citizen, however there are differences:

  • A citizen has an automatic right of entry to Australia, however if a permanent resident chooses to travel internationally, they need to ensure they have a permanent visa with a valid travel authority if they wish to return to Australia as a permanent resident.
  • A citizen can vote in Australian Government elections. In most cases permanent residents cannot, however if a permanent resident was enrolled to vote (as a British subject) prior to 1984, they may remain eligible to vote.

Eligibility for Australian government services and benefits, for both citizens and non-citizens, is the responsibility of the government agency with policy responsibility for the service or benefit.

You can contact a member of our friendly team who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.